My Artwork

I've been drawing my whole life, and obviously most of my artwork consists of dragons. The majority of the projects I am working on currently consist of personalized dragon characters for people. What I do is I ask someone their 3 favorite colors, I determine what kind of dragon body type (or design or however you would like to say it) would fit their person, and then I create it. Yes, if it’s a friend I am drawing it for, it'll be easier for me to figure out what to draw but I still can draw any kind of dragon for anyone. People can request any kind of dragon with any kind of features and I am able to draw it. Don’t expect you’ll be getting it for free though. ;)

Here are some examples of a few dragons I’ve done for people.


My boyfriend (edit: now my husband as of July 2012) is in the process of writing a magnificent story and he has some of it posted on his own blog à dragonkinfiction.blogsplot.com. He is talented at writing stories and poems; all that amazing stuff. There is a dragon character in his story named Freya who I have taken a special liking to, so I drew a concept drawing of her.


Here are a couple drawings that I’ve done that are not dragons to show that I can draw other things. The first being a fox from a photograph (pencil and airbrush) and the second being my brother in his homemade Halo Spartan costume (drawn in illustrator with my own photograph as a reference). Both projects are very detail oriented. Obviously these took me many many hours to do. Dragons easily come from my head and are quicker to draw whereas other things I usually need a reference picture and they take a little more time. I’m still learning and developing more skill all the time. I will get better. :)
 I use Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, etc. combined with the traditional mediums (pencil, charcoal, colored pencil, paint, etc.) to create my works of art. I also create 3D projects once in a while (though it’s definitely not my favorite type of art to do). I’ve recently made a wire sculpture of Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon and a fish made from various metal objects.

What I would really like to explore is how to make art on clothing. I have never taken a class or figured out how to set paints or ink into different types of clothing so it doesn’t wash out. I’ve only had one success on a white T-shirt. I drew a dragon on it with a black permanent marker and it stayed. Unfortunately it’s all worn out now...and I’ll need to throw it away soon. This design on jeans was an attempt I made a long time ago, but it ended up washing out even though I used fabric markers. It was just a simple design luckily so I didn’t spend too much time on it. Any suggestions or tips are always appreciated. :)


Feel free to visit my other online gallery at sabrieldragonkin.deviantart.com. I have over 16,000 page views now (that to me is “wow!”). There are quite a lot of pictures on there (though a lot of them are older pictures I’ve done in high school). My current most popular picture is this one posted below. It has a little over 7,000 views currently which I am still amazed about since it is a picture I drew years ago and don’t consider as well drawn as some of my other pictures. Anyway, enjoy my art, and feel free to make any comments. :)


Comments

  1. SARAH! You are A-MA-ZING!!! Thanks for putting some of your work up! I hope you can put up more! I love showing off your talents! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another New Dragon OC

Chibi Dragons!